Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We made it home!!!


I'm glad to report that Jim and I are home safe and sound. We arrived in "sunny" SoCal at about 4:30 PM to rain, rain, and more rain. Not to mention a temperature of 47 degrees!! Jim is already cold again and had to have the heater on in the truck on the way home. It took us another two hours to get to Jim's house in the rain and rush hour traffic. But we're home and that's always a good thing. It's nice to go away and twice as nice to come home afterward.

I know I can speak for Jim and say a huge THANKS to all of you at the school for the deaf for making our stay a memorable one. We accomplished some stuff and hit the beach as often as possible. I have to add a special THANKS to Fran for cooking for us while we were there. The lady is a whiz in the kitchen. I'm afraid to step on the scale. Fran - I left without getting your email address. Drop me a line when you can.

I want to mention that today is the birthday of my two sisters, Suzie and Kathy. Happy Birthday to you both. I will send along your card when I get settled.


Ah, it's good to be home!!!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Ken: Glad you made it home. My email is franw49@gmail.com. Either you or Jim left a picture of James in the snow and I have it here to mail to one of you - just need an address. Jerry tried to work on the electric in our quarters, put the fan and light back up. But the extension cord is still running across the floor. The gaggle had a super dinner for us last night and 8 of them left this morning. They were very nice people and Jerry makes great Pina Colatas. Criss threw a plastic pipe at Mizael today making poor Mizael cry. Betsy still sick took new drugs and fell asleep in class 3 times in a.m. Went to bed and didn't get back up until she heard the kids leaving for the day. Sharon and I made the Caramel Popcorn today (suppose to do it on the 22nd). It was a big hit. Kristian celebrated his 12th birthday today. Thats the news from ESD.