Monday, January 14, 2008

I ate Octopus!!!



After a great morning riding horses, we stopped at this sidewalk type cafe for some authentic PR food. I had no idea what they were ordering for me so it came as a bit of a surprise when I found out it was octopus!! It came in a dish with some yellow rice that contained peas and pieces of shrimp, mussels, and of course the octopus. Some of the octopus was a little chewy, but overall it was actually quite tasty. If you look closely at the photo of the plate of food you can see in the lower right hand side a piece of octopus and see the little suckers on it!!!


Had I known what I was getting I might have balked a little, but I am getting to where I am much more adventurous about food than I was a few years ago. They also had some clear hot sauce with red and green peppers floating in it that was quite tasty as well. It wasn't quite as hot as the "burn your lips off" sauce from the pinchos place.

The laugh of the day was when Jilissa, who is 19 years old and just the nicest girl, tried to say tentacles and came out with testicles!! You know we won't let her live that down for awhile!!

1 comment:

Rena O said...

How is it that you can eat octopus and not complain; yet, after ten years you are still griping about eating frog legs?