Friday, May 16, 2008


OK, I'll admit going to the Metrodome wasn't quite like a spiritual trip to Jerusalem, but it was quite fun. I found that they have a street in front of the Metrodome shut off and filled with booths with food and games. This first photo is the front gate of the Metrodome.

Once inside, and after purchasing my Twins cap, this is the first glimpse of the playing field. As I expected, it looks different that what I had seen on television. I was also able to get a couple of hot dogs with mustard and sour kraut.


The game went 11 innings and the Twins pretty much gave the game away. The right fielder missed a long fly ball at the wall and things went down hill from there. We couldn't come back in the bottom of the inning and lost the game.

After the game I grabbed my bike and went to a local park. The park had two small lakes in the middle. In this first photo you can see a gray building in the background between the two trees. That is the Catholic church shown below.

This last shot is the skyline of Minneapolis as I headed out of town this morning. I managed to upset Gretchen when I left because there was a detour around that bridge that collapsed earlier and she wasn't aware of it. She can be so testy. Oh, Gretchen is my GPS device.

No comments: