Saturday, May 24, 2008


Today I learned why riding a bike can be such great exercise. I rode my bike from my house to a local park, a distance of about 5 miles. I spent some time in the park doing some stretching and yoga. I went to get on my bike for the ride home only to find my front tire was flat. As I examined the flat tire, I found what we used to call as kids a bullhead sticker. It's a sticker I'm sure you are all familiar with, it has three points to it. So, I called Karen's cell phone and the home phone only to get no answer. After walking about a half mile, Karen called me back and came and picked me up. So if you can't get enough exercise riding, there is always the chance you may get some walking in as well.

I had heard more experienced riders talking about going on rides and getting several flat tires and fixing them on the road. So today I invested in a small tire pump, a couple of extra inner tubes, and a patch kit. The inner tubes I bought are made to reseal. Live and learn I always say.

No comments: