Thursday, May 1, 2008

Good to go away - always good to get home


I'm happy to report that I made it home in one piece last night. Those of you who know me know that the Dallas - Ft. Worth area has always been perilous for me. This trip my plane from Dallas to Ontario was delayed for 50 minutes at the gate because of a mechanical problem with the automatic throttles. Who needs 'em I say? Apparently we did. On the plus side, on both legs of my trip I had empty seats next to me so I got to stretch out a little bit.

The drive from LaQuillo to San Juan was interesting as well. (We won't even go into Megan's driving!!) As we got onto the freeway towards San Juan it was 96 degrees outside. We could see rain off in the distance. Within about 5 miles we were in a downpour and the temperature dropped 23 degrees. It was amazing how fast the temperature dropped.

I have a few more posts to make regarding my PR trip, like how Jim told the sales clerk in the El Conquistador Hotel gift shop that I was a shoplifter, and more photos to post when I get some time. I have a whole list of things to do here before we leave for our road trip to Nashville and points beyond.

So as always, its great to go places, especially Puerto Rico, but it's always good to be home. (and sleep in one's own bed!!)

No comments: