Thursday, May 8, 2008


Woke up to rain this morning and it rained all morning and well into the afternoon. Karen and I went to see the home of President Andrew Jackson called The Hermitage. We got quite wet on the tour but it was well worth it.

In the evening we went to a local BBQ restaurant called Dave's Famous Barbecue. Great ribs!! They had five different sauces to chose from on the table. After that we went back to the hotel and did laundry. I know, pretty exciting.

I have to make a correction on my one-man trip coming up starting Sunday. I am driving up through Michigan not Wisconsin. My aim is for a town called Cheboygan, Michigan, which is where Lake Huron and Lake Michigan meet. From there I plan to swing around Lake Michigan, down through Green Bay, Wisconsin, and on to Minneapolis Minnesota.

No comments: